Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happy New Year

Hi All,

Libby here!

For those of you who don't know, the month of September is a very important one for Jewish people.

This is because they celebrate two pretty important days this month; The Jewish New Year (otherwise known as Rosh Hashanah), and, Yom Kippur.

I won't go into the specifics of either of them but, if you happen to wonder why there are no Jewish people in the office for the next two days, it's because the New Year starts this evening at sundown, and continues through until Tuesday evening.

And so, although I am not personally Jewish (Judaism is passed down through the mother) and my momma was most definitely a non Jew, as an adoptee of Dr. S, I am sort of Jewish by association.

And therefore, tomorrow will be a day of rest for me and I will not be posting.

Until my next post, here is an amazing, completely un-animal related video: Gangnam Style, to tide you over.

For my fellow Jews,  have a happy and a healthy New Year.

Til next time,

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment